A skills based CV focuses on skills and achievements instead of employment history. It is very different from a traditional chronological CV. Skills based CV is best suited when:
- You have limited or no previous working experience. It is a great choice for students and fresh graduates.
- You are seeking a new career path or have decided to make a career transition.
- You have considerable time gaps in your career.
- You have previously held roles that are very skills driven and want to focus on your accomplishments.
- You are at an advanced stage in your career and a chronological CV seems very basic for your profile.
In such cases, the previous experience does not hold much relevance and hence, the skills based CV is used to divert the employer’s focus towards skills and achievements to give the applicant a better chance at being shortlisted. Many suitable candidates are not shortlisted as their CV is unable to portray their skills effectively. A skills based CV helps you by focusing on what the employers want. It is tailored as per the skills mentioned in the job description, hence, giving you the edge over other applicants.read more