Guidelines on securing a job with LinkedIn
Looking for a new job can evoke a range of emotions. Leaving your current role, looking for something new, and surveying all of the possible paths can be overwhelming. While finding a good fit takes time, the right mindset will boost your confidence and ensure a joyful journey.
In the last several years, LinkedIn has become an increasingly popular way to connect with people in industry. More employers are using LinkedIn as recruitment and hiring tool, and students and professionals are also using it in their job searches. Let’s put some points across as how one can secure a job using the LinkedIn. You can always think of professional CV distribution services that can help you being more visible on these sites.
1. No matter what the job is, LinkedIn will always help people who are passionate, have deep integrity, love to collaborate, and have a sense of humor and are driven to deliver results. So showcase yourself.
2. Create one or more searches in the Jobs tab on your home page, then save them. You can select daily or weekly email alerts when new jobs that meet your criteria are posted
3. Upload a photo. Make sure it is professional and appropriate.
4. Include your profile in your email signature so your contacts can see your LinkedIn profile and add you as a connection as you communicate with them.
5. Detail your education and professional experience completely but concisely. Be sure to include details about the positions you held, such as responsibilities and accomplishments, and not just your job titles.
6. Highlight your recent internship/training experience.
7. Use the “People you may know” feature. It suggests people you may have come into contact with based on your jobs, schools, people you have emailed with, friends of friends, etc.
8. Search through your connections and see where people are working to investigate potential employers. If you’re interested in a company, ask to connect with someone at the company to inquire about job openings.
Finally to conclude, there are three Types of People to Include In Your LinkedIn Circle to secure a good job:-
- The Advocate:- Knows you on a personal level, Acts as a trusted sounding board and Likely a close friend or family member.
- The Strategic “In”: Well-connected individual, who demonstrates willingness to make connections on your behalf, likely a past co-worker, alumni, or boss.
- The Subject Matter Expert: Offers superior insight on a specific industry and can give an unbiased opinion.