Networking – The best way to find a job
Networking remains one of the most common and by far the most effective way to find a job. From management jobs to staff jobs, companies are now hiring either internally or through references. These are commonly known as ‘hidden jobs’ that can be accessed only if you have a strong network of contacts within the industry.
So what does networking really mean?
Networking refers to finding a job through a lead that is received from one of your contacts, friends or colleagues who are also known as your network. It is also considered to be the oldest method of job hunting before the arrival of the internet and online job portals. Networking also entails building new contacts through socializing and thereby gaining access to wider opportunities. The best way to grow your network is online by joining professional networks such as industry groups and associations. This puts you in touch with the right people from your industry or profession.
A recent study has revealed that more than 75% of the jobs are fulfilled through networking. These jobs probably never get advertised online as the candidates are hired through referrals. This translates into a missed opportunity for someone who is solely relying on online job postings. Networking is beneficial to both the job seekers as well as the employers. The job seekers have the opportunity to connect directly with the decision makers and stand out from the competition. On the other hand, the employers save valuable time and money which is spent in job advertisements.
There are a couple of things that need to be kept in mind before you start career networking.
- Having a strong CV or Resume is very crucial as you will be required to pass it on to your existing and newly built contacts. Make sure it is professionally written. You can also consider taking assistance from a professional CV writing service in UAE.
- Apart from building new contacts, also connect with your existing contacts. These can be your friends, acquaintances, ex-colleagues and so on. These are the people who can provide valuable feedback about your past performances and recommend you to your future employer.
- An important aspect of networking in today’s world is social networking. So make sure you have an impressive online presence on social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter. LinkedIn also plays an important role in professional networking and having a strong LinkedIn profile is crucial as many employers tend to make hiring decisions based on LinkedIn profiles.
- Once you have established contacts through various sources, make sure you keep in touch with them on a regular basis. Don’t be hesitant to gently remind them to introduce you to someone they said they would.
- Lastly, it is important that you keep a track of the number of recommendations you have received and its source. Gauge the usefulness of a particular source and then dedicate more of your time on that than the rest. Like any job, if taken seriously, networking can produce some great results in a short amount of time.
How to find a job using social networking sites?
Using social media networking sites for job searches is always preferable to knocking on doors. Many potential candidates for job searchers use social networking sites as search tools. Not only is social media a terrific tool to expand your professional career network, but it can also offer you an advantage on open employment that you’d be a perfect fit for. Because each social media site has its way of uncovering chances, you’ll want to approach each one differently and employ various techniques. According to a LiveCareer poll of recruiters and hiring managers, Facebook is the definite victor for maintaining your presence on social media (74%), second by LinkedIn (56%) and Instagram (49%).
However, there are situations when CV distribution might be useful; if you seek work, contact them and acquire more information.
How do social networking sites help in finding a job?
We know that social networking may assist job searchers in various ways. In terms of social media, it offers the world’s largest networks, with LinkedIn and Facebook exceeding 500 million and two billion members, respectively, making these platforms one of the finest methods to create your network and obtain a job.
Consider the following reasons:
- Make yourself noticeable when looking for work
- Assistance with Job Search
- Control your online persona.
- Expand your network.
- More research should be conducted.
Contact Art2write if you want to create a social media presence. They provide wonderful profile-creation experiences, such as Linkedin profiles and other social network accounts.
Popular social networking sites for jobs?
There are numerous prominent job-related social networking sites; search some of them: TweetMyJobs.com, LinkedIn, and Bayt. Com, Monster Gulf, Gulf Talent, Naukri Gulf, and many more sites that help you acquire employment globally, particularly in Dubai.
Contact Art2write if you want to do jobs and create a job profile. They assist you in obtaining work by creating your professional profile and getting it available on renowned websites.
How to get interview calls via Networking sites?
Networking sites are always beneficial to job searchers, and there are several networking sites available, including Linkedin, Alignable, BranchOut, Jibber Jobber, Opportunity, and many others. They provide choices for uploading and managing your profile and a platform for connecting with top firms. This networking service allows you to contact prominent organisations and get your CV and resume in front of interviewers.
Networking sites might assist you in acquiring interview calls in this way. So, if you want to be considered for an interview, contact our Art Writer for a greater profile reach.
Which is the best social networking platform for professionals?
If we talk about the greatest social networking platform for professionals, the first name that comes to mind is LinkedIn, which is known as the king of all social networking for professionals. A multitude of additional networks facilitates community and networking in various ways. There are several current and new networks to select from, all of which meet your needs and desires for discovering a group of professionals to network with.
Is it difficult to get a job if I don’t use social media sites?
When we have a social media network profile, finding jobs appears simple. But imagine you no longer utilise social media networks. In that situation, it causes you problems: You will lack a strong and effective social media presence, which will lengthen your job hunt and make it more difficult for hiring managers, recruiters, and HR to locate you.
In other words, you have no visibility of the potential if you don’t have social media sites. This implies that if you live in this current period when internet presence is crucial, you should contact Art2write. They assist you in contacting social media networks. They will also assist you in creating a professional profile on your behalf.