Tips for Modifying and Updating your CV
If you are planning and wishing to embark on a career track you had your eyes off from some time, here I have mentioned the top tips that will not only help you to customize and update your CV but also make you the desired and right candidate for the job.
- Keep it brief – It is always recommended to make your CV as brief as it could be, 2 pages at maximum. Recruiters get lots of CVs daily to shortlist, and a brief resume is always attractive for the recruiter to go through it quickly.
- Remove inappropriate details – There is absolutely no need of mentioning details such as marital status, ethnicity, and religion in an up-to-date CV. Most of the details are already available on online applications so mentioning them on your CV is a big no. Also, primary school details are not necessary.
- Customization – It is very much important to customize your CV in accord to the job profile and role. Highlighting your achievements, expertise and experience, it is recommended to create your CV in an efficient and promising way and in accord to the job you have been landing for.
- Don’t use jargon – A CV should be simple, crystal clear and to the point.
- Get someone else to go through your CV – It is recommended to make someone go through your CV as it happens most of the time that what appeals right to you is not appropriate and has mistakes and could be corrected.
- Build a brand and presence for yourself – In this competent and modern era, social media and professional profile is equally significant as your CV and employers and recruiters without any doubt seek as much information about you as they can before hiring. Instead of seeing this as a negative point, build a good profile at professional and social media platforms. And be sure that your twitter account, social media profile, blog, Instagram and others have the same name as it is important to have a consistency.
- Formatting and spelling checks – Always remember and make sure that your CV is free from all spelling errors and formatting issues.
- Seek professional guidance – It is advisable to seek professional CV writing services as the experts know what to write in them highlighting your interests, key areas of specialization, experience and others in the best presentable way.
In all, an updated, well written, professional and customized CV has better chances to get shortlisted for next round. All the best for job hunting!